The liver is like the housemaid of the human body. It cleans up all the toxins you put into it and keeps all internal systems running smoothly. Modern diet, environmental pollutants and our increasing dependence on toxic personal care products have put a serious strain on our livers . They are working overtime. For this reason, it’s important to know how to clean your liver thoroughly, effectively and naturally.
The liver works to cleanse our blood and remove toxic substances that we’ve eaten, inhaled, or rubbed on our bodies. If the liver is overworked; as it is in many modern adults or when you are under significant amount of physical or even mental stress, your liver can struggle to keep up.
“The thousands of Enzyme Systems that are responsible for virtually every body-activity are constructed in the liver,” explains Dr. Karl Maret, M.D. “The proper functioning of the eyes, the heart, the brain, the gonads, the joints and the kidneys are all dependent on good liver activity. If the liver is impaired from constructing even one of the thousands of enzyme systems the body requires, there is impairment in overall body function and a resultant greater metabolic stress on the individual.”
What can be done about it? A quality liver detoxification supplement can be used. You could also use some items found at your local health food store, your grocery store or even some that are already in your kitchen. The following are ways to detoxify your liver with 5 common food items.
- Warm Lemon Water – Warm lemon water is the best way to detox your liver every single morning. It is not lemonade so don’t add sugar or anything else. Just pour purified water and add a healthy dose of fresh lemon juice. Some experts also believe that the liver produces more enzymes in response to water with lemon than to any other food.
- Garlic – Adding a bit of garlic to your cooking or slicing a clove of garlic into your next salad can do wonders for cleansing your liver. Garlic contains sulphuric compounds that help to activate enzymes in the liver. It also contains Allicin and Selenium which are beneficial for liver protection.
- Avocados –A Japanese study found that avocados contain compounds that protect the liver from damage. As compared with 21 other fruits, avocados had the most promise in protecting the liver from Galactosamine; which is a “powerful” toxin that has been shown to produce a liver damage similar to human viral hepatitis..
- Cilantro – It can be added to just about any dish, including salads or smoothies. This herb can remove heavy metals from the body and thereby help liver function as it’s something your liver could be struggling with right now.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is a powerful spice with a long list of benefits. Turmeric not only protects the liver from damage but also speeds up regeneration of liver cells. In addition, it increases natural bile production and helps in keeping the body toxin-free.
Cleansing Your Liver is Crucial! Do Not Hesitate to Incorporate these Liver-Cleansing Solutions In Your Diet!