Sunflower oil is enriched with the balance and composition of nutrients. It is effective for both external and internal uses as it contains a large amount of fatty acids (Omega-6 mostly) and Vitamin E. Before using sunflower oil on your skin, make sure that it does not cause allergy to your skin so it is advised to consult with a dermatologist before using it.
The benefits of sunflower oil
Sunflower oil is enriched with Vitamin E which has proven to be the beneficial for the skin and has so many benefits.
1. Moisturizes the skin
Vitamin E acts as a special moisturizer that traps moisture inside the skin cells. However, using sunflower oil is the best way to keep the skin smooth and hydrated. One of the best and the most convenient ways of using Vitamin E for your skin is to add a few drops of sunflower oil into a commercial cream and apply it all over the body.
2. Anti-aging activity
Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that fights against skin damage caused due to radicals. According to The University of Maryland Medical Center, it is proven that Vitamin E in skin care products is beneficial in many ways as it may reduce wrinkles, lines and also helps protect the collagen and elastin. It is recommended to use sunflower oil once a week to protect the skin from all this.
3. Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial activity
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, it has been proven that Vitamin E helps in lowering the roughness and redness in the skin. Not only this, Paula Begoun, the Skincare tester, states that the overall appearance of the skin of a person can also be improved if the individual applies it regularly on the skin. Vitamin E oil has anti-inflammatory benefits as it contains Omega-6 in it.
According to a report by the University of Maryland Medical Center, linoleic is an element that helps decrease swelling in the skin.
4. Skin protection
Sunflower oil is enriched with Vitamin E, which helps protect the skin layers, especially the outermost. People who apply sunflower oil on the skin are protected from all types of damages and according to a Wikipedia report, if sunflower oil is applied on the skin daily, it prevents their skin from developing infections and it also lowers the risk of premature or low birth weight infants.
Here are some tips to use sunflower oil on the skin
If you want to get all the benefits from sunflower oil, you should apply the oil according to these instructions:
1. Sunflower oil is only applied to the skin when its warm or damp like after taking a bath. The reason for this is that the oil needs to be absorbed in the skin so it can soak the nutrients for best results.
2. Sunflower oil helps reduce wrinkles under the eyes and smoothes the eye area really well. It is extremely beneficial to apply over the eye areas.
3. A good way of making the skin smooth is to add sunflower oil to your bath as it makes the body as smooth as ever.
4. It is great for massage and lubrication.
5. Sunflower oil is best used as a diluting base in the process of aromatherapy.