Scars can affect the overall look of an individual and make them appear ugly. There are many reasons of scars and although they are not painful, they are bad looking. A number of creams are present in the market which can help in removing scars but there are also some home remedies which can be used by if you don’t want to apply any product containing chemicals in it.
Reasons of scars
Scars can happen due to burns
They can be caused due to an accident
Acne can also be a reason of scars
Scars sometimes happen due to cuts
Insect bites can be a cause of scars
Home remedies for Scars
1. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is great in making the scars fade away. Take a fresh lemon and cut it into 2 pieces. Then rub the juicy part of the lemon on the scar. Lemon does natural bleaching due to which it reduces the scars. A person can also drink lemon juice 2 times daily for 15 days.
2. Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip seed oil is mostly used in the preparation of cosmetics and is especially used in the preparation of creams made for fading of scar marks. Take a few drops of rosehip seed oil on your fingers and gently massage it on the scars. It can be used 2 times daily.
3. Aloe Vera
To use Aloe Vera, cut the stem and use the gel present in it by applying it on the scar to get rid of it.
4. Ice Cubes
Ice cubes should be gently rubbed on the scar mark to make it fade away.
Honey is great for removing scars so a person has to apply honey on the scars.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an outstanding natural remedy for fading away scars. Use diluted tea tree oil for best results.
Take a raw potato, extract its juice and apply it on the scars. A potato slice can also be rubbed on the scar.
Take 2-3 almonds and soak them in water for the whole night. Then peel off the skin and mash them in the morning. A few drops of rosewater should be added in it and applied on the scars.
9. Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood powder is an effective product to use for scars. Take sandalwood powder and mix it with rosewater or milk. Then rub it on the scars for a while and leave it on for 1 hour and wash it off with cold water.
Applying coconut oil on the scar is useful.
11. Lavender Oil
A great remedy for removing scars is lavender oil and a person should take a few drops of it and apply it on the scars.
12. Olive Oil Olive oil is great in scar removal. Take a few drops of olive oil and apply it on the scars every day.
13. Cucumber Take a slice of raw cucumber and place it on the scar and its juice can also be applied.
14. Fenugreek Fenugreek leaves can also be used for the treatment of scars and make a fine paste to apply. To make the paste, fenugreek seeds should be used after boiling them.
15. Baking Soda Take 5 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of water. Then mix it well until it becomes a paste. This paste should be applied on the scar 3 times a week.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar Apple cider vinegar is great for scar removal. Take a cotton ball and after soaking it in apple cider vinegar, it should be applied on the scar. It should be washed after 10 minutes. Another method is to take 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 2 parts of water and mixed. The face should be washed with the mixture before going to bed.
17. Vitamin E Cream A person should apply vitamin E cream on the scars to get rid of them.
18. Cocoa Butter A person should apply cocoa butter on the scars to remove them.
19. Tomato To get rid of scar marks, massage tomato juice on it.
20. Yogurt Mix Here is a great remedy for people who have burn marks. They should take barley, yogurt and turmeric in equal amount to make a paste. Then it should be applied on the scar.
21. Salt Scrub Papaya is present in Salt scrub which makes the skin shiny and helps in fading away scars.
22. Camomile Tea It assists in getting rid of scars.
23. Cod Liver Oil A person should apply cod liver oil on scars to make them fade away.
24. Aspirin To get help from Aspirin in scar removal, take 2 aspirins and crush them. Then add a few drops of water to make a paste and apply it on the scar.
25. Garlic Oil Garlic oil is outstanding for getting rid of scars. A person should take a few drops of garlic oil and apply it on the scars. It should be left for fifteen minutes. Antibiotic properties are present in garlic which helps in making the scars fade.
26. Gotu Kola Take leaves of Gotu kola and make a paste. Then it should be applied on the scar as it assists in fading them.
27. Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid is available in many forms and is great for scar removal.
28. Fuller’s Earth
To get benefit from fuller earth, take 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth and 1 tablespoon of rosewater, along with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. These all should be mixed to make a paste. Then it should be rubbed on the scar and left for 15 minutes to dry. After sometime, wash it for good results.
29. Azadirachta Indica (Neem)
Azadirachta indica leaves (neem leaves) are an outstanding method of getting rid of scar removal and it can be used by making a paste. It also works great in curing skin issues. Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties are present in neem leaves which are great for the skin.
Homeopathic Remedies for Scars
Thiosinaminum is great for scar removal and getting an attractive appearance back. This medicine assists in healing scar tissues. It is available in the market in capsule form and is made up from mustard seed oil extracts.